Hello… People, Today I am going to talk about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen SPF 50+ Review.
When it comes to skincare, people’s first thought is about their faces. So finding the right sunscreen for your skin is not an easy task. With the thought of helping you in your quest, let us take a look at one of the most famous sunscreens in the Indian market, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen SPF 50+.
As the summer comes, we’re all bracing ourselves for the blazing sunshine that not only melts our makeup but, in some circumstances, harms our skin too.
Extra tanning, blotching of the skin, and sunburn are only a few of the harmful effects of the sun rays. Wearing sunscreen is one of the simplest and most effective strategies to preserve our skin’s beauty and health at any age. Sunscreen, when used daily, may help prevent sunburn, skin cancer, and premature aging.
so now we will see some ingredients which contain in this sunscreen product.
see more: How to Use Fair and Lovely Instant Glow Facewash
Table of Contents
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen Ingredients
On the back of the Neutrogena sunscreen, you can find all the ingredients listed. These are all the ingredients of Neutrogena sunscreen:
- Ethylhexyl Salicylate
- Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane
- Potassium Cetyl
- Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer
- Glyceryl Stearate
- PEG-100 Stearate
- Caprylyl Methicone
- Cetyl Dimethicone
- Behenyl Alcohol
- Sodium Polyacrylate
- Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer
- Xanthan Gum
- Acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer
- Disodium EDTA
- Ethylhexyl Stearate
- Polyaminopropyl Biguanide
- Diethylhexyl 2
for more: Dabas Organic Skin Glow Plant Collagen Day Defence Cream Ingredients
One of the most popular Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen SPF 50 Ingredients detail is below:
- Homosalate is an ingredient used in many sunscreens and strongly protects the skin from UVB rays of the sun. However, it is not a strong protector of skin from UV rays and is not long-lasting and is therefore combined with other agents and chemicals for better protection.
- Benzophenone-3 also known as BP-3 is a chemical known for its long-lasting effects. Even though it does not provide much protection from UV rays, mixing it with other chemicals can give long-lasting protection from UV rays.
- Another major ingredient of this sunscreen is Silica. It is used to absorb oil and give a matte look to your skin. This is a very important part of Neutrogena sunscreen as it helps to absorb excess sweat and oil so that your skin always looks fresh and not greasy.
Click here: Lakme 9 to 5 primer ingredients
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen Benefits
So now without knowing its benefit, you are exposing the sensitive skin on your face to unnecessary damage from sun exposure.
you must be wondering why there are many products like it in the market, so why should you pick this sunscreen especially. Well, the answers to your questions are as follows:
Go Here: The Bella Vita Organic Brand
- The sunscreen is dry-touch, this means it will give a matte look after applying.
- The PA+++ feature of the sunscreen is something to behold as it is one of the highest protection against sun available in the market. It is perfect for the harsh sun in equatorial countries such as India and hence will protect your skin from any damages from the sun rays.
- The SPF of this sunscreen is 50, which is also very high and perfect for people who have to spend lots of time in the sun.
- The protection against UVA and UVB rays provided by the sunscreen is broad-spectrum and hence prevents hyperpigmentation of the skin as well.
- One of the greatest benefits of this sunscreen is the protection of skin from premature aging and sunburn. You know the large patches of dark color on the faces of people who spent lots of time in the sun that is called sunburn. Sunscreen provides great protection to the skin in that regard.
Click here for more info: Pond’s White Beauty Night Cream Benefits
Features Of Neutrogena Ultrasheer Sunscreen
Now we will identify the features of this sunscreen that make it different from any other sunscreen on the market are as follows:
● The sun protector factor 50 provides strong protection to the skin from the sunlight.
● It protects unwanted tanning of the lighter skin to a large extent.
● The dry-touch technology which is one of the determining features of sunscreen prevents most of us get an oily looking after using sunscreen.
● The HelioplexTM technology provided in the sunscreen also helps in the protection of the skin from dangerous UV as well as UVB rays.
● The product is waterproof and hence becomes sweatproof. This means it will not run off even if you are engaged in physical activities and protect your skin.
● The product is oil-free and gives a matte look after application.
● Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen is also paraben-free.
● The product is also hailed as a non-comedogenic cosmetic, this means it will not clog your pores after application.
Click here for more info: Vaseline Derma Care Cracked Heel Repair Cream Uses
The Neutrogena sunscreen comes in a tube of blue and white color. The tube has a screw cap which makes it easier to squeeze out even the last bits of sunscreen easily.
The consistency of the sunscreen is creamy and thick.
This makes it easier for application and blends well in the skin as well. The fragrance of the sunscreen is also not very strong, instead of is light and vanishes with time.
Click here for more info: Garnier Vitamin C Serum Review
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen Review
The sunscreen is rightly called Ultra Sheer as it does not leave any remnants on the skin.
There is no white cast that most of the sunscreens leave on the skin.
The product also blends very well with the skin. You can apply makeup after applying the sunscreen easily and no one will know.
Read More: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Face Wash Review
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Clear Face Sunscreen Review
The Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Clear Face Sunscreen is another variant of Neutrogena sunscreen. This sunscreen is specially formulated with Helioplex technology.
This means it is made especially for acne-prone skin. Since the product is non-comedogenic, it will not clog your pores.
The skin will remain clean and no pores will be clogged thus it will give no chance to your skin to face any kind of acne issues.
read review: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Face Wash Review
The consistency of the product is watery and almost like a gel, but not gel.
This means it will be very light on your skin and yet provide maximum protection from the sunrays.
The watery texture of the sunscreen will leave no traces on the skin and hence prevent any breakouts. It is perfect for both face and body.
Neutrogena Ultrasheer Dry-Touch Sunblock For Oily Skin Review
in India, Most people have oily skin. so now we will talk about sunblock for those who have oily skin.
Oily skins are very prone to acne and pimples. On top of it, if you apply a sunscreen which is also very oily and thick, the skin will start to look slippery and greasy after some time.
It becomes very difficult for people with oily skin to choose a sunscreen that matches their skin type and most of the products on the market that are suitable remain out of the budget.
But, Neutrogena is a sunscreen that will solve your worry of finding a suitable sunscreen for oily skin.
Your skin will tan much less and the product feels light on the skin, almost non-existent.
read review: Best Sunscreen Creams for your Oily Skin
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock Uses
So now I will explain to you how to use this Dry-Touch Sunblock
This sunscreen has a variety of uses. Some of the uses are as follows:
- As the ozone layer depletes, damaging UV rays enter our surroundings. While the sun’s rays give the body vitamin D, prolonged exposure without the use of sunscreen lotions may be harmful to your health.
- Neutrogena sunscreen offers a wide spectrum of protection against UVA and UVB rays, shielding you from potentially harmful UV radiation that may cause skin disorders.
- Staying for a long period in direct sunlight can cause sunburn. The effects of sunburn are redness of the skin, itching, blotchiness and even peeling of the skin. The Neutrogena PA+++ protects the delicate skin from such effects of sunlight.
- One of the most harmful effects of UV rays is photoaging of the skin, which is characterized by a thick, leathery appearance, discoloration, and collagen breakdown. This will lead to creases, sagging, and the formation of wrinkles on the skin.
- According to studies, persons under the age of 55 who use sunscreen daily have a 24% lower probability of acquiring these indications of aging than those who do not. The Neutrogena sunscreen with SPF 50 appears to be an effective barrier against premature skin aging.
- Helps in decreasing the risk of skin cancer as well.
- The Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen absorbs the harsh UV rays of the sun and prevents them from reaching the deeper layers of your skin, ultimately preventing you from the harmful effects of the sunlight.
- Even though tanning is popular nowadays, an uneven tan is never attractive. Also, tanned skin only looks perfect when it is done intentionally. Unintentional tan which is uneven most of the time gives off a bad impression.
- Tanning in direct sunlight is also very harmful to your skin. Neutrogena sunscreen prevents your skin from bad and uneven tanning as well as direct sunlight.
- Hyperpigmentation and blotching of the skin are very common occurrences these days. Neutrogena sunscreen with its high SPF and broad-spectrum protection will protect your skin from both of these issues and several other skin issues like red vein eruption on the skin.
Go Here: Best Sunscreens for Dry Skin
How To Apply Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 50+?
Now you must be thinking that how to apply Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 50+?. So Relax it’s very easy and simple. You can follow these steps to apply this sunscreen to your skin:
- One of the most important steps that everyone forgets is to apply moisturizer before applying sunscreen. So before applying the sunscreen make sure your face is properly cleaned and moisturized. Remember, sunscreen is not a moisturizer.
- After applying moisturizer, squeeze a good amount of sunscreen and apply it generously to your skin.
- If you are applying sunscreen on your face, do not forget the area of your neck as well.
- Ensure to apply the sunscreen on your face, neck, and all the exposed parts of your body a good 20 minutes before going out in the sun.
- If you are going for a swim or a strenuous physical activity that results in heavy sweating, make sure to re-apply with the sunscreen.
Learn More: How to use Mamaearth Ubtan Facewash
Benefits and Side Effects
- The sunscreen leaves no white cast after application.
- The SPF is very high, SPF 50 which gives ultimate protection from the sun’s rays.
- The product is very lightweight.
- The fragrance of the product is almost non-existent.
- The product is waterproof as well as sweat-proof and does not come off even if the skin is rubbed vigorously.
- The tub packaging is convenient to carry and very travel-friendly.
- The sunscreen will not cause any breakouts as it is oil-free as well as paraben-free.
read more: Good Vibes Rose Hip Face Serum Review
- The price of the product is high. It is higher than most of its competitors in the market.
- The product is oil-free, so it may feel a bit flaky for dry skin.
- The texture of the product is very thick, so you will need to apply lots of products.
Check out: WOW Skin Science Apple Cider Vinegar Foaming Face Review
Is Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen safe?
Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen has no paraben whatsoever in the product. There are no other harmful agents in the product as well. Hence it is completely safe to use. Although it is advised to keep the product away from the eyes as it might cause irritation and redness in the eyes.
Learn More: How to use Stay Quirky Liquid Lipsticks?
Is Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen good?
The Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen is one of the most famous sunscreens on the market right now. It is oil and paraben-free, gives PA+++ broad-spectrum protection from both UVA and UVB rays, and even boasts the Helioplex technology, this means the product is perfect for acne-prone as well as oily skin.
It has SPF 50 as one of its defining features and provides strong protection from all the harmful rays of the sun. Therefore, Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen is a good sunscreen to use.
read more: A Detailed L’oreal Paris Color Riche Le Stylo Smoky Eyeshadow Review
Is Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen good for oily skin?
The Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen is non-comedogenic. This means it does not clog the pores of your skin. If the pores of your skin get clogged, it will cause acne and lead to the breakout of the skin. And because of the non-comedogenic nature of the skin, it will not clog the pores of your skin.
more: Nykaa Insta Dry Nail Enamel Review
Therefore, there will be no acne on your skin due to this sunscreen. Coming to the main point, since the sunscreen will not clog your pores, therefore the product is perfect for oily skin as well. Hence Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen is very good for oily skin.
Is Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen paraben-free?
There is no paraben listed in the ingredients section on the product and the description of the product also claims to be paraben-free therefore Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen is indeed paraben-free.
Is Neutrogena ultra sheer reef safe?
Many sunscreens use a chemical called oxybenzone. This chemical, when mixed with water at a lower temperature not only becomes a bleach but a very effective bleach too. This bleach will affect coral reefs in a very harmful way. The oxybenzone not only decreases the growth rates of the corals but the reproductive ability as well.
It can even affect the DNA of the corals leading to abnormal growth. Hence, oxybenzone in sunscreen should be prevented. Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen uses zinc oxide instead of oxybenzone. Therefore the product is perfectly safe for coral reefs.
find here: Kay Beauty Matte Drama Lipstick Features
Is Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen good for the face?
The Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen provides strong protection from the rays of the sun. The skin of the face is very delicate and sensitive; it requires a lot of care and protection. If used with the wrong product, the skin will become damaged and start to age.
The skin can even break out and there is the risk of hyperpigmentation and blotchiness due to sunburn as well. The Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen protects the skin of the face from all such risks. It is oil-free and does not clog the pores of the skin, hence there is no chance of acne or any kind of skin breakout. Therefore Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen is good for the face.
read more: Bella Vita Organic Eye Lift Under Eye Cream Gel Review
Few Final Words
Something important to share before leaving
This brings us to the end of the Neutrogena Ultrasheer Sunscreen SPF 50+ Review. Remember, even though it may not seem like it, sunscreen is very important for the protection of the skin.
Finding out the best sunscreen for your skin type depends upon your research. There are many factors involved in choosing the perfect sunscreen for you, like the type of your skin, the qualities and features of the sunscreen, the duration you need to stay out in the sun, and even the climate of your region.
Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen is one of the best sunscreens on the budget and is mostly suitable for all skin types. It is good for oily, mixed, dry, and acne-prone skin.
The above review and the FAQs are meant to answer most of your questions and help you in your quest to find the best sunscreen for you.
check out this site
Neutrogena Sunscreen Recall 2022
Benzene is not an ingredient in sunscreen, and the company has yet to determine how benzene contaminated the affected varieties of sunscreen. If you have Neutrogena aerosol sunscreen, you must stop using the product immediately.
Neutrogena Sunscreen Recall 2022
Benzene is not an ingredient in sunscreen, and the company has yet to determine how benzene contaminated the affected varieties of sunscreen. If you have Neutrogena aerosol sunscreen, you must stop using the product immediately.
Johnson & Johnson Inc., the parent company of Neutrogena, issued a recall for Neutrogena Beach Defense and Ultra Sheer sunscreens for adults and kids in aerosol spray. The recall was issued because of high levels of benzene found in the sunscreen during testing.Is Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunblock good? ›
Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Lotion is the best sunscreen I've ever tried—and I've tried plenty in my time.. At 55 SPF, it's a perfect everyday protection level — for those with even more sensitive skin, they also make a SPF 100.Is Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunscreen SPF 50 safe? ›
It is a patent from the house of Neutrogena. It works as an excellent sunblock and according to FDA, it is completely safe.Is there a recall on Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunscreen? ›
Which Neutrogena ® Products Were Voluntary Recalled? The only sunscreen products impacted were aerosol products, specifically: NEUTROGENA ® Beach Defense sunscreen spray; and. NEUTROGENA ® Ultra Sheer Body Mist sunscreen spray.Is Neutrogena sunscreen okay now? ›
Not only do many Neutrogena sunscreens contain harmful chemicals like oxybenzone and methylisothiazolinone – we'll get to those later – but their advertised SPF levels of over 70 have been debunked by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. According to the federal department, SPF levels max out at about 50.Does Neutrogena Ultra Sheer have oxybenzone? ›
This lightweight face & body sunscreen lotion is formulated with Helioplex Technology, which offers superior broad spectrum protection from aging UVA rays and burning UVB rays. Fast-absorbing and water-resistant up to 80 minutes, this non-greasy formula is non-comedogenic, PABA-free and contains no-oxybenzone.Why is there a lawsuit against Neutrogena sunscreen? ›
Sunscreen lawsuits are legal claims against sunscreen manufacturers including Johnson & Johnson, Neutrogena, Aveeno and others for making products that contain the toxic chemical benzene. Exposure to high levels of benzene may cause leukemia and other cancers in humans.Is Neutrogena Ultra Sheer oxybenzone free? ›
Ultra Sheer® Dry-Touch Non-Comedogenic Oxybenzone Free Sunscreen Lotion | NEUTROGENA®
Best overall sunscreen
Yadav and Harth both recommend Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch because of its lightweight, mattifying feel that won't clog your pores. In addition to a liquid version, it also comes in a stick and spray-on format, which Sapna Palep, founder of Spring Street Dermatology, prefers.
Minimalist SPF 50 PA ++++ Sunscreen With Multi-Vitamin Fo... Re'equil Ultra Matte Dry Touch Sunscreen Gel SPF 50 PA ++... Bioderma Photoderm MAX Creme SPF 50+ High Protection, Wat...Is Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunscreen good for everyday use? ›
Highly recommend. I like wearing this as an everyday sunscreen since it's very light on the skin. It does say for sensitive skin however i broke out a little the first few days i used it but my skin even out after a week and i haven't had any more problems with it.Is Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunscreen okay for face? ›
This lightweight liquid lotion is oil free, PABA-Free and non-comedogenic leaving your face free from that thick and greasy sunscreen feeling leaving a weightless, matte finish so skin can breathe.Can I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunscreen on face? ›
Excellent sunscreen for the face!
I love this sunscreen for the face. I use this every Summer and it has helped to protect my skin while at the beach. Other sunscreens feel greasy, but not this Ultra Sheer sunscreen. Was this review helpful to you?
This Neutrogena sunscreen comes with SPF 50+ with a helioplex broad spectrum against UVA-UVB PA+++ rating that protects the skin from harmful sun rays.Does Neutrogena Sheer Zinc have benzene? ›
For their part, a Neutrogena representative says: "Nothing is more important than the health and safety of the people who use our products. Benzene is not an ingredient in any of our personal care products and we are reviewing the findings presented in this petition.Does Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunscreen have zinc oxide? ›
Product Actions. Neutrogena Sheer Zinc™ Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 50 is a mineral sunscreen that features our breakthrough Purescreen® naturally-sourced 100% zinc oxide technology. This gentle formula delivers superior broad spectrum protection against burning UVB and aging UVA rays.What popular sunscreen is being recalled? ›
An internal review of Banana Boat Hair & Scalp Sunscreen Spray SPF 30 found some samples contained trace levels of benzene, which is classified as a human carcinogen.What is the safest sunscreen to use? ›
If you are concerned about health effects, the safest choice is a so-called “mineral” or “physical” sunscreen with zinc oxide or titanium dioxide, dermatologists say. Those are the only sunscreen ingredients that the FDA says are “generally recognized as safe and effective.”
Spray Sunscreen Lawsuit Settlement Agreement
In March 2022, Judge Singhal granted preliminary approval to a settlement agreement that would resolve at least eight class action lawsuits filed against Johnson & Johnson over the presence of benzene in Neutrogena and Aveeno spray sunscreen products.
- burning, itching, or stinging of the skin.
- early appearance of redness or swelling of the skin.
- late appearance of rash with or without weeping blisters that become crusted, especially in sun-exposed areas, and may extend to unexposed areas of the skin.
- pain in hairy areas.
- pus in the hair follicles.
Ultra Sheer® Dry-Touch Oxybenzone-Free Sunscreen Lotion | Neutrogena®Is Neutrogena Ultra Sheer good for sensitive skin? ›
Protect your skin from sun exposure with Neutrogena® Mineral Ultra Sheer® Dry-Touch SPF 30 Sunscreen Lotion. Ideal for sensitive skin, this broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 is formulated to have a lightweight, clean feel that helps prevent sunburn when used as directed.Is Neutrogena Ultra Sheer reef safe? ›
Neutrogena's naturally sourced lotion with broad-spectrum SPF 30 is lightweight, hypoallergenic, oil-free, sweat and water-resistant for up to 80 minutes, and it won't clog pores. “This sunscreen is reef-safe as it uses zinc oxide,” Canes says.Which Neutrogena sunscreen was banned? ›
The only sunscreen products impacted are aerosol products, specifically: NEUTROGENA® Beach Defense® aerosol sunscreen; NEUTROGENA® Cool Dry Sport aerosol sunscreen; NEUTROGENA® Invisible Daily™ defense aerosol sunscreen; and.Which Neutrogena sunscreen had benzene? ›
A Neutrogena sunscreen is being recalled after traces of benzene were found. Brand owner Johnson & Johnson pulled Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist SPF50+ aerosol sunscreen (140g) from sale and put a notice on the Neutrogena website telling people to stop using the product and throw it out.Why did Costco recall Neutrogena sunscreen? ›
Internal testing identified low levels of benzene in some samples of the products. Stop using the affected products immediately and return them to Costco for a full refund.Why use oxybenzone free sunscreen? ›
As an oxybenzone-free alternative to chemical sunscreen, mineral-based sunscreens are naturally broad-spectrum, so they provide protection against both UVA and UVB rays. Mineral sunscreen contains active ingredients like zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide, providing the ultimate barrier against the sun's harmful rays.Should sunscreen be oxybenzone free? ›
Several studies have shown that two common ultraviolet filters—oxybenzone and octinoxate—may have the most detrimental effects. They're part of a group of chemical active ingredients in sunscreen, meaning they protect skin by absorbing the sun's ultraviolet rays and then dissipating the energy.
For your face, we recommend using a face sunscreen formula for your skin type and applying about a nickel-sized amount every day — even when it's cloudy. Try layering your sunscreen on top of your face moisturizer or using it instead of your moisturizer depending on the formula.Is SPF 30 or 50 better? ›
A sunscreen with SPF 30 will protect you from around 96.7% of UVB rays, whereas an SPF of 50 means protection from about 98% of UVB rays. Anything beyond SPF 50 makes very little difference in terms of risk of sun damage, and no sunscreens offer 100% protection from UVB rays.What sunscreen does the FDA recommend? ›
In general, the FDA recommends that you use broad spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher, even on cloudy days.What is the highest effective SPF sunscreen? ›
The highest SPF is 100 and blocks out 99% of UVB rays. But experts don't necessarily think SPF 100 sunscreen is the best choice. This is only slightly better than SPF 30 and 50 (which is blocks 98% of UVB rays).Does it matter what brand of sunscreen you use? ›
It doesn't really matter which brand of sunscreen you use as long as it contains the right ingredients. Sunscreen has two main types of ingredients: physical blockers (zinc oxide and titanium dioxide) and chemical blockers (avobenzone, oxybenzone and others).What is Neutrogena Ultra Sheer used for? ›
Protect your skin from sun damage with the mattifying Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50+. It is specially formulated with Helioplex technology that protects your skin from UVA and UVB rays. It is also made with Dry Touch technology that gives a non-shiny and weightless feel on the skin as you apply it.How long is Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunscreen good for? ›
Generally, sunscreens have a shelf life of at least two years; be sure to check the label for the expiration date. If no date is stamped, the product is stable for at least three years (in the U.S.)What is the difference between ultra and everyday sunscreen? ›
Everyday SPF30 – Good value formulation with high protection suitable for all the family. Ultra SPF50+ – Very high protection with a dry touch feel, suitable for most situations and lifestyles. Kids or Kids + Zinc, low active, very high protection, formulated for delicate skin.What type of sunscreen is ultra sheer? ›
Neutrogena® Ultra Sheer® Dry-Touch Sunscreen SPF 70 with Helioplex® Technology gives your patients broad-spectrum protection with a clean, lightweight feel. Helioplex® represents a breadth of stabilized sunscreen technologies specifically engineered to deliver broad-spectrum protection from UVA/UVB damage.Does Neutrogena sunscreen clog pores? ›
Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores or cause breakouts)
- Solara Suncare Clean Freak Nutrient Boosted Daily Sunscreen, Unscented, SPF 30.
- True Botanicals Everyday Skin Tints, SPF 30.
- Beautycounter Countersun Daily Sheer Defense for Face, SPF 25.
- Ao Skincare 6000X Elemental Screen, SPF 30.
July 16, 2021
Johnson & Johnson is voluntarily recalling specific NEUTROGENA® and AVEENO® Aerosol Sunscreen Products, due to low levels of benzene, a cancer causing substance, according to a recall notice from the Defense Commissary Agency's food safety office sent July 15.
Johnson & Johnson has agreed to provide $1.75 million in vouchers as part of a class action lawsuit settlement to resolve claims Neutrogena and Aveeno sunscreen products were contaminated with carcinogens. Class members may submit a claim in the sun product settlement without proof of purchase.What sunscreen does the CDC recommend? ›
You should use a broad spectrum sunscreen with SPF of 15 or higher.What sunscreen did the FDA recall? ›
The recall applies to 6-ounce products with an expiration date of September 2023, lot code 20301CF, and UPC number 0-79656-04041-8. For more information about the recall, call Edgewell Personal Care from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Friday, at 1-888-686-3988. Copyright 2023 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.Why is Neutrogena being sued? ›
People are filing sunscreen lawsuits against Johnson & Johnson, Aveeno and Neutrogena because these companies manufactured products containing benzene, which may have led plaintiffs to develop cancer. Consumers purchased J&J's sunscreens to decrease their risk of skin cancer.Is Neutrogena refunding sunscreen? ›
If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your Neutrogena.com purchase you can return the products for a full refund of the purchase price (less original shipping and handling fees) within 30 days of purchase.Is Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunscreen reef safe? ›
Neutrogena's naturally sourced lotion with broad-spectrum SPF 30 is lightweight, hypoallergenic, oil-free, sweat and water-resistant for up to 80 minutes, and it won't clog pores. “This sunscreen is reef-safe as it uses zinc oxide,” Canes says.What are the disadvantages of zinc oxide sunscreen? ›
The main disadvantage to Zinc Sunscreens is that you generally have to use more of it to get to a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 30, than you would with other sport sunscreens. This can make zinc oxide sunscreens more expensive initially, however, you don't need to reapply as often, so they can be effectively cheaper.